For our site and service users, it is vital to confirm and assert that listing or posting information related to exchange or sale/purchase of goods or services that are declared illegal as per the laws of the Republic of India.
Prohibited Items Policy – Users are prohibited to make any classified listing or posting related to following items:
- Sale/Purchase of Body Parts of any Person Living or Dead: The policy bans the listings pertaining blood, bodily fluids and/ or body parts, be it artificial or natural that are kept or preserved in any form
- Any religious item such as books, artifacts: Posting offensive information or description related to any such item is forbidden as it is likely to hurt the religious outlook of a person or a group in particular.
- Liquor, Alcoholic Beverages, Tobacco Products, Psychotropic Substances, Drugs, Narcotics and Intoxicants: Describing or providing link directly or indirectly for any of the listed items is prohibited as per applicable laws.
- Prostitution or Related Services: Any listing pertaining to such service or related in nature violates the provisions of Indecent Representation of Women or Immoral Act. It also stands against the standards of principle and decorum of Indian society.
- Posting of Items showcasing an offensive representation of women as stated by Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986
- Listing any offensive material finding use in a sexual setting such as “bondage" and "fetish" items) or others in direct context of sexual activity.
- Illegal listing of any "Art Treasures" and "Antiquities" that pose violation to Antiquities and Art Treasures Act, 1972 ("the Act")
- Content or information related to items that are slanderous, defamatory, menacing or insulting in nature; others that are either fraudulent or misrepresent the nature or use of the goods or service
- Posting forged, stolen or pirated goods along with any illegal services (for which one requires a license or special grant)
Listings related to:
- Electronic goods that may transmit virus through any medium or intercept any personal data
- Sweepstakes Entries, Lottery Tickets, and Slot Machines
- Items in violation of Food Adulteration Act, 1954
- Personal Financial Records, Identity Documents (in any form, be it mailing lists)
- Items hazardous in nature like chemicals and pesticides and violates Hazardous Chemicals Act, 1985; other like Destructive Devices, Fireworks, and Explosives
- Information or content related to Uniforms, Military or Police Badges, and or Government emblems, or items in violation of Emblems and names (Prevention of improper use) Act, 1950 and/ or Flag Codes of India Act, 2002; others include weapons, firearms, ammunition, that are prohibited under Indian Arms Act, 1959
- Posting under irrelevant categories: (e.g. kitchen cabinet listed as office furniture) or with incorrect details such as City / Location of Listing
- Without prejudice, Finderguru bans the International Listings
On Breach of Listing Policy:
Users who are found posting content in violation to the prohibited /restricted items policy are subject to the following actions:
- Membership suspension or termination
- No lifetime access to the site
- Reporting to Law Enforcement or Appropriate Authorities